October always conjures up thoughts of ghosts and goblins, creatures and candy. For some of us we think back to our childhoods and the costumes we got to wear or the yummies that made our tummies a bit queasy by November 1st. Others of us have moved well past our childhood memories and yet we still have some fears…
- Fears of letting go.
- Fears of not finding what we need when we need it.
- Fears of throwing away some important papers.
- Fears of someone stealing our identity.
Some of my clients have fears like that.
If they haven’t had the time to sort through their papers and/or belongings they reach a point of paralysis – “I better not throw out anything because I bet something important is in one of these boxes—if only I had the time to go through them and figure it all out.”
October is the perfect month to face those fears, head-on!
- The days are still long (daylight savings time doesn’t end this year until November 4th), so it makes it seem as if we have more time than the winter months.
- Best to clear out what we can, long before the holiday season and company comes calling.
- It’s a great way to finish out the year by facing our fears and doing what Nike says, “Just Do It.”
- There’s less than 100 days left in 2012.
Can you set a goal to face some of your fears and schedule some time to conquer those piles and files?
Wouldn’t it be nice to begin 2013 with less of a load than you’re currently carrying?
Make room for the holidays by making more breathing space for YOU!
If you need help tackling these fears, the RED team can help. Visit us at www.theREDteam.com.
Professional Organizer & De-Cluttering Expert
Sue Crum, Ed.D., is a professional organizer and decluttering expert who consults in person or virtually, helping busy people organize, redesign and transform the way they live and work. She owns the R.E.D. team, and is the immediate past-president of the National Association of Professional Organizers – San Diego Chapter. As a motivational speaker Sue inspires others to clear out their chaos and clutter so they can lead more successful lives. Call TODAY and schedule your free assessment. The life you deserve is waiting for you. 760.803.2786