Pickup Shredding Service
Secure document pickup and transfer for shredding at our facility.
Total Secure Shredding offers a shredding pickup service for San Diego residents and businesses. Meaning, we'll come to you to fetch your documents and safely secure them for transfer back to our main Total Secure Shredding facility in Kearny Mesa. Find out more about our process below:
Our Process for Shredding Pickup in San Diego
- We'll keep your documents in their original boxes and transport them using our locking carts.
- Once loaded, your documents will be taken back to our main facility.
- We promise to destroy all of your materials within 24 hours of receiving them.
- While your documents are pending destruction, they are locked in a secure container which is placed in a floor to ceiling cage that only secure access employees can enter.
To ensure the safety and security of your documents, our facility uses a 24/7 video surveillance which is monitored by a third-party alarm company. In addition, all of our secure access employees are thoroughly background checked by looking at 10 years of employment history, federal and state criminal history, credit checks, driving records, and immediate and ongoing random drug tests - all of which is verified annually by a third-party auditor. Our process provides for a level of security that has never been compromised.
How to Prepare Your Documents Before We Arrive
1. Ensure that your materials have been thoroughly examined to remove any combustible materials, metal objects, office equipment, computer cables, old cell phones, batteries, food, or other garbage that may be harmful to our shredder.
2. You must remove materials from 3-ring binders and any plastic casings such as documents in plastic folders or plastic bags.
3. You don't need to remove staples, paper clips, binder clips, hanging folders (with metal strips), manila folders, paper board legal binders, spiral notebook binders, thin plastic sheet protectors, or books.
4. Please let us know how your documents are contained. Are they in boxes? Are these standard sized file boxes (10x12x15), or are they oversized moving boxes? Are your boxes sturdy with lids, or are the boxes old and breaking apart with no lids? Is there any material overflowing from the box itself? If there are no boxes, are your documents in piles, bags, file cabinets, or are they just loose? We want to have the proper equipment to safely and efficiently move your papers, so please inform us about the state of your documents.
5. Your documents must be at ground level and easily accessible, or we must have access to an elevator. We don't move boxes from attics, basements, off shelves, up or down stairs, or from any area that we cannot easily wheel our carts or hand carts to and from. If we arrive to find one of these conditions we may refuse service, or you might incur significant extra charges outside of the original quote.
6. When you book our services we are reserving time out of our daily schedule to perform your work. Please contact us immediately if your situation changes or if you will not be available to receive service. We do charge a fee for cancellations that are the same day or less than 24 hours in advance.
Set up an appointment by Calling (619) 295-5474